Protection For Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads Renters
Avoid the dread of signing a bad rental contract. Here are some tips I pulled from an article to help you know what to look out for. By no means does this cover every rental scam you need to watch out for. It is however a good start.
- Agreeing to the apartment in whatever condition it is
- Being responsible for all repairs
- Anything that causes you to waive a right
- Avoid Landlord over privilege including:
- Entering the apartment at any time
- Changing the lease at will
- No out clauses for special circumstances
- Landlord is absolved of any responsibility for any reason
- Any special fees beyond a REASONABLE security deposit
Know your renter rights
Resources: here is a link to excerpted resources from the VHDA. Read them…read them again. Print them and have them on hand. Protect your rights. Landlords will try to take advantage of you. It is unfortunate but true.
Warnings For Hampton Roads Renters
And when your ready to move
We would love to give you a quote. Check out our website as well for resources to help you move and not get taken advantage of. Moving can be stressful, but it does not have to be.
Call Hercules Moving
And Leave The Swearing To Us
Contact Hercules Moving at 757-320-2329