January 2017 events in the Outer Banks
The Outer Banks always has something to do. No it is not the tourist enclave it was in the summertime, but it is still a great place to get away. There are still things to do, and of course seasonal offerings.
The crowds may be gone but that opens the door to things you could not do in the summer.
In the summer there are lots of rules dictating what you cannot do. There are also crowds of people making a lot of activities impractical or illegal due to space restrictions on the beach. In Winter, those crowds are gone and the restrictions are lifted. Here are some of the things you can now do that Janaury 2017 has begun.
- Fish without worrying about snagging a swimmer
- Ride your horse on the beach without worrying about trampling crowds of sunbathers
- Bring your dog on the beach in a spacious environment for them to run around
- Pitch a tent anywhere you want
- Play any game you want with almost unlimited space
Here comes the bride to the beach
Before you say I do on a romantic stretch of beach in Corolla, Duck or the Outer Banks, visit the Bridal show for ideas and contacts to help you plan the most incredible wedding ever!
Date: January 14th to 15th
128 Grenville Street
Manteo, NC 27954
Bridal Ticket: $45
General Admission Ticket: $25
Fyi: Why is the bridal ticket to the Outer Banks Show more?
The Bridal Ticket comes with a host of benefits and goodies general admission does not. These include:
- Waterproof canvas bag
- Special promotional items and goodies
- VIP status which means more entries in the giveaways
- Gold Foil tank top in your size
An OBX Naval Graveyard Worth Exploring
A new exhibit Graveyard Of The Atlantic is opening chroniclingthe history of the often violent coast off the Outer Banks. From horrendous weather, to pirates, and Nazi Uboats, when you sailed off this coast..you took huge risk.
Date: January 14th to 15th
January 1 to March
Monday thru Saturday
North Carolina Maritime Museum
59200 Museum Drive
Hatteras, NC 27943
Even more to do this winter. Here are some activities to also try:
- Visit the Chicamacomico Lifesaving Station Historic Site in Rodanthe
- Go Golfing at the Hawk Golf course
- Visit Lennette’s Pier in the Nags Head Aquarium
- Take The Corolla Wild Horse Tour
- Visit the Wright Brothers National Monument
- Go Tuna fishing in Cape Hatteras
Incredible Seafood Available This Spring and Summer at Sunfish Grill in Corolla
Don’t forget, Pamlico fresh seafood will be served at Sunfish Grill in Corolla of the Outer Banks when we reopen. We will be offering one of a kind dishes where only fresh caught will do. See you then!!